Dear Governor Walker,
Today my husband received a letter from your campaign asking for our household to support you and send you money to defeat “Big Government Labor Unions”. We are not supporting you, and here is why:
- In April, you repealed the equal pay act of 2009 making it easier for women to get the equal pay for equal work. As a woman and my husband whole heartedly agrees this is discriminatory and insulting.
- You are looking to increase premiums and drop women, children, and families enrolled in Badger Care making it impossible for them to obtain quality health care.
- While the unemployment rate in Wisconsin has dropped, you do not have a comment or even mention that we have replaced living wage jobs with jobs that pay only slightly better than minimum wage, yet have the nerve to complain about people using public assistance to make ends meet. Minimum wage is not a wage that a family can live on.
- Wisconsin is still dead last when it comes to unemployment numbers, so if you are creating so many jobs, why is that?
- You would like to end a woman’s right to birth control and the right to choose. This is America, and if you do not like abortion, don’t have one.
Governor Walker, you do not have my support, I will not send you money, and frankly I will not vote for you either. From what I have seen of your term as governor, you do not represent any Wisconsin value that I know of.
Reverend Kelly K Hunt