Thanksgiving is less than a week from now, and it is that time of year that we all starting thinking about what we are thankful for. Of course we have the easy things, like friends, family, health, and so on… but what about those really difficult things to admit that we are thankful for them; you know those things that make us sound selfish and self centered….
Wait! Selfish and self-centered? Can we really be selfish and self-centered if we are being thankful? And why do we feel ashamed for being thankful for anything in our lives that is good?
My personal thankful list (starting with the easy ones):
- My husband who always seems to get the short end of the stick
- My kids who drive me nuts at times, but enrich my life so much
- My parents and step parents who taught me to at least be self sufficient.
- My friends who are always there, usually with a joke
- This blog, where I get to air my various opinions and thoughts
- Heartfelt Ministries as a whole because making money while helping someone is great
- Facebook for many entertaining hours of mindless dribble.
- Creativity, new ideas are always great.
- Romantic comedies, again entertainment
- Quiet time, keeps me sane.
What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your ideas too.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving my friends.